Contract and Travel Information
The information summarised below is important. More detailed information will be made available prior to a booking being made.
DownUnderAfrica Safaris will make all bookings including international and domestic flights. We will also book all accommodation and make the necessary ground transport bookings. Incidentals such as soft drinks, alcohol, snacks and other personal requirements will be paid for by the client as required. No taxes are payable upon entering South Africa or Namibia if travelling from Australia. The departure point for safaris and tours is Sydney, Australia. The night prior to departure, all clients and a DUA safaris representative will stay at a hotel at the Sydney international airport. This is to avoid any situation where flights may be delayed due to inclement weather or aircraft technical problems.
A “meet and greet” will be arranged at a designated Sydney airport hotel where clients can meet each other and reminisce before departure. It will also be an opportunity for the guide to provide additional information regarding the safari or tour.
All accommodation will be of a high standard. In the case of the Kruger National Park, accommodation will be in Park cottages with all amenities. At the private camp in the Greater Kruger National Park, accommodation will be in luxury, “fixed” tents with a shower and ablutions. Luxury hotel accommodation will be booked in Cape Town.
Ground transport will be in luxury, air-conditioned “people-movers”. This will ensure that all clients are comfortable, have enough space and have a window position to allow the best game viewing. Photographers will also have clear line-of-sight views. An open landcover will be the mode of transport in the private camp in the Greater Kruger National Park. We will be hosted by a guide and a “tracker” on each trip. Walking safaris are also available in the private reserve.
1 / 5
- In order to secure your reservation, a 30% (thirty percent) deposit must be paid to DownUnder Africa Safaris at the time of the booking and submission of the completed booking form. Failure to do so timeously will result in the automatic cancellation of your booking. Please note that your place on the tour is not confirmed until the required deposit has been received.
- Full payment must be made at least 60 days prior to the commencement of the safari/tour. A final invoice will be sent out reminding clients of the pending deposit. If the required amount is not received within 60 days of the departure date for the designated tour, DownUnder Africa Safaris reserves the right to cancel your booking.
- DownUnder Africa Safaris prefers direct online payment to the DownUnder Africa bank account. Details will be provided at the time of booking.
- DownUnder Africa Safaris reserves the right to cancel reservations should your deposit or balance of payment not be received on time.
- DownUnder Africa Safaris reserves the right to increase a quotation before receipt of payment in the unlikely event of a supplier increasing their prices, This despite the quotation already having been issued. The updated prices will be posted to the website as soon as possible after notification.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
- All cancellations must be done in writing and receipt thereof acknowledged by DownUnder Africa Safaris to be a valid cancellation.
- Cancellation of bookings is subject to the following conditions:
- The deposit will not be refunded under any circumstances. When you book a safari, DownUnder Africa Safaris, proceeds with the booking of flights and accommodation which requires DownUnder Africa Safaris to pay the necessary deposits.
- If for some valid reason, a Safari is cancelled (by the client), a 50% refund (excluding the deposit) will be given providing the cancellation is not less than 30 days prior to departure. The full amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made less than 30 days before departure.
- In the event of totally unforeseen circumstances (for example, an environmental disaster, civil war, any major conflict which may place our clients in a dangerous situation), DownUnder Africa Safaris reserves the right to cancel the tour. In such a case clients will receive a full refund (excluding the 30% deposit).
- We will endeavour to confirm your booking as soon as possible after receipt of payment of deposit however should we fail to secure this booking for any reason whatsoever, we will strive to procure alternative booking arrangements. Should these alternative arrangements not be suitable for yourself, DownUnder Africa Safaris will refund your payment, subject to the terms and conditions of the supplier with whom the booking was made.
- You will not be entitled to refunds for a no-show or for a partially used booking.